Human Resources/safety Manager
Designed and implemented all safety and human resources functions for 150 employees across multiple states. Created HR policies, procedures, programs, and manuals, including the employee, safety, and drug & alcohol handbook and several new safety initiatives. Managed staffing, administered benefits and compensation, monitor and resolved labor and employee relations issues, and conducted on-site pre-employment drug/alcohol screening. Investigated and reported accidents. Maintained employee records and compiled statistical data. Partnered with seven agencies to provide reliable contractors. Collaborated with local, state, and federal agencies to institute and ensure safety procedures for contractors. Administer $25K safety budget.
- Applied for and secured $30K grant for safety equipment through ND Work Force Safety.
- Successfully reduced workers compensation rates in North Dakota and Minnesota.
- Built HR and Safety department from the ground-up, including training programs, benefits and compensation, performance appraisal system, recruitment, and employee relation procedures.
- Recruited, conducted background checks, trained and terminated as necessary.
- Created and implemented numerous initiatives, including Certified Safety Management Program, Safety Committee, Safety Training Program, Hazardous Pipeline Program, DOT Drug Free Workplace Program, and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Plan.
- Introduced Workforce Safety Program that contributed to a $37K savings in insurance premiums.
- Successfully collaborated with ISNetworld to provide contractors for several oil field locations.