Security Officer Cover Letter
Security Officers are responsible for patrolling the premises of an organization and identifying suspicious behavior. As part of their role to prevent illegal actions, Security Officers should complete the following duties: protecting premises and personnel, patrolling assigned areas, evicting violators, reporting incidents, and adhering to safety and security controls.
Based on our collection of Security Officer cover letter samples, the most sought-after assets in this field are:
- Physical fitness
- Stamina and resilience to stress
- The ability to stay calm in case of emergency
- Problem-solving abilities
- Effective communication
- Integrity and professionalism
- Security procedures expertise
- An investigative nature
- Attention to details and observation spirit
A Security Officer example cover letter showcasing similar qualifications is displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Security Officer Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Security Officer, check out our Security Officer Job Overview.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Thorton:
Upon learning of Blue Host Systems’ need for a Security Officer, I felt compelled to submit the enclosed resume. With more than seven years of experience in maintaining optimal public and property security, I am well positioned to exceed your expectations for this position.
My background includes patrolling assigned areas to identify suspicious behaviors, respond to alarms/alerts, and ensure full premises safety. From communicating with visitors regarding rules and regulations to conducting test fire/evacuation alarm drills, my proven success excelling within high-pressure environments prepares me to make a positive impact on your company.
Highlights of my background include the following:
- Providing vigilant physical security, access control, and emergency response at various facilities to ensure a safe and secure environment for both employees and visitors.
- Patrolling parking lots, warehouses, and office buildings to fully protect merchandise, property, and assets while escalating incidents to authorities as necessary.
- Utilizing video surveillance software systems to monitor properties for trespassing/unauthorized entry and questionable activities.
- Gaining a reputation for excellent communication skills and a solid work ethic.
With my background and my proven skill set, I am ready to provide outstanding security service for your company. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Keith C. Liner