Lead Mass-notification Technician / Fire Alarm Technician
Managed the startup of a new Mass-Notification section of Koetter Fire Protection. Installed, Maintained and inspected various Fire Alarm systems in central Texas. Assisted the Corpus Christi branch of Koetter Fire Protection with project management and complex system troubleshooting during management turnover. Collaborated with Engineering, Sales, and Programming departments of Koetter Fire Protection to solve layout, system design, estimations, programming and implementation plans for various fire alarm and Mass-Notification projects at Freescale Semiconductors, The University of Texas at Austin, St. Edwards University, The Texas State Capitol Complex, and the Fort Hood Directorate of Public Works, among others.
- Designed, tested, and installed switching and integration hardware and software for Cooper Wheelock RF Based Mass-Notification Systems and Honeywell Notifier Fire Alarm Systems.
- Managed multiple employees and subcontractors during construction on Mass-Notification pilot integration at The University of Texas at Austin.
- Troubleshot inter-building RF problems across UT Austin Campus, including antennae selection and orientation, signal degradation resolution, and external interference resolution.
- Programmed numerous single and multi-node fire alarm systems using boolean logic commands.
- Maintained the fire alarm fiber optic network and panel integration program during renovations at multiple buildings at Freescale Semiconductor.
- Mapped and repaired 40+ node, multi-building fiber optic network across Austin State School campus.