Ob/gyn Nurse Practitioner
Teamed with a Clinic Assistant to administer prenatal and gynecological cases in a satellite clinic. Was instrumental in establishing outreach clinic in African American Community. Performed comprehensive obstetric and gynecologic medical /social histories, physical exams, including STD evaluation, treatment, and vaginitis management. Evaluated and treated variations from the norm within policy guidelines. Provided prenatal care from initial visit through pregnancy and postpartum. Counseled patients regarding healthy lifestyles.
- Initiated appropriate referrals to high-risk units, including the colposcopy clinic, cardiology, family planning service, x-ray, social service, nutrition, WIC, VNA, consumer education, genetics, ultrasound, breast care center, and the dental school.
- Conferred with four attending physicians, NIA medical associates CRNPs, and collaborated with other medical professionals regarding patient care.
- Communicated with clients of diverse nationalities, in varied socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds, and in age groups from adolescence to elderly.
- Ordered and interpreted laboratory test; provided follow-ups for patients
- Participated on committees, continuing education efforts, grand rounds, and Nurse Practitioner staff meetings
- Assisted with university related research studies; aided collection of data and screening
- Collaborated with community agencies in developing women's health programs and mutual referral systems
- Supervised volunteers, mentored nurse practitioner students, participated on labor/delivery birth plans committee worked closely with family support centers, and were a member of several community organizations.