Director of Nursing
The Director of Nursing is responsible for Infection Control, sterile and non-sterile physical care equipment monitoring and surveillance, resident and employee health care education and prevention monitoring and surveillance, Medical Records and quality assurance to maintain compliance with JCAHO, CMS, State and local standards at the CHYC facility. In this capacity, he/she also monitors and evaluates resident services and nursing documentation, prepares employee schedules, assists in resident vaccinations and serves in the rotation of the Leadership on Call. May work as a staff nurse when necessary.
- Directly supervises nursing staff in day to day performance and clinical consultation as indicated or requested.
- Acts as a liaison between nursing staff and clinical programs by attending staff meetings to pass on Nursing concerns and receive staff input.
- Facilitates meetings with Nursing personnel to discuss new and/or revised policies, procedures, guidelines or information.
- Support the philosophy, objectives, policies, procedures, standards, staffing and budgetary needs for Nursing Services, the Infection Control program, sterile and non-sterile physical care equipment and supplies, resident and employee health care education and prevention program, Medical records, the Quality Assurance program.
- Reviews case files for potential admits.