Emergency Room Nurse
Provide direct patient care and specialized medical treatment in high-volume emergency room (ER), treating infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients with a wide range of illnesses, injuries, and traumas. Collaborate with other ER professionals to ensure highest quality of care consistent with best practices and hospital guidelines, with the goal of achieving positive patient outcomes.
- Triage incoming patients, rapidly assessing patient needs and determining appropriate actions.
- Review and follow physicians' orders, update medical charts, and answer patient questions.
- Perform procedures including IVs and catheter insertion, medication administration, injections, wound care, and dressing changes.
- Schedule and coordinate patient care with other departments including lab tests, radiology exams, and referrals.
- Maintain patient privacy and safeguard confidentiality of all patient information and records.
- Perform admission, discharge, and transfer procedures, ensuring continuity of care.