Charge Nurse Cover Letter
Charge Nurses contribute to patient care by coordinating and supervising nursing staff. Their role is to monitor and evaluate other nurses, serving as educational resource. Typical Charge Nurse duties include assisting nurses, providing patient care, overseeing admissions and discharges, creating individualized care plans, identifying training needs, organizing seminars, and evaluating nurses. The role is a mix of nursing and administrative responsibilities.
A cover letter sample for Charge Nurse should emphasize the following qualifications:
- Nursing expertise and bedside manners
- Leadership and managerial skills
- Problem-solving orientation
- Teaching skills and mentorship
- Stamina and resilience
- Computer literacy
- Attention to details
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm
Comparable Charge Nurse skills can be observed in the example cover letter provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Charge Nurse Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. Jones:
Upon consideration of your posting for a Charge Nurse, I was anxious to submit my resume for your review. As a dedicated nursing manager with comprehensive experience developing and leading nursing teams and managing direct patient care, I am confident that I would significantly contribute to the success of Radiant Medical Center.
My background spans excellent experience in overseeing treatment and care planning to ensure outstanding patient experiences and the highest level of medical service. With this success, combined with my experience in strategic planning, budget management, service line development, and policy / procedure enforcement, I excel at providing extensive patient care and overseeing comprehensive treatment services.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- More than 17 years of cumulative experience as a nurse manager directing financial and HR resources, budget administration, treatment planning, scheduling, staff development and leadership, and records management.
- Leveraging expertise in nursing team leadership, patient support and communication, and general facility operations management to ensure superior patient experiences.
- Demonstrating superior abilities in direct patient care, treatment plans and administration, and healthcare education.
With my proven track record of providing superior nursing team leadership and facility management, I am positioned to greatly exceed your expectations for this role and substantially benefit your organization. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, in detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Beverly M. Fernandez