More Sales And Marketing Manager Resumes
Use these Sales And Marketing Manager samples as a guideline or visit our extensive library of customizable resume templates.
More Jobhero Resources
Create your own professional resume in just minutes.
Try our resume builder todayBuild Your Resume
Sales And Marketing Manager Resume FAQ
What should you put on your resume for sales and marketing?
Most hiring managers for sales jobs are interested in profits and clients. Your sales and marketing manager resume needs to include the following three topics:
- Your quarterly sales numbers: Highlight the dollars you brought in, whether you were a consistent top performer or if you frequently upgraded client portfolios.
- Relevant skills: Sales is about product knowledge, networking and customer service. Highlight transferable skills related to strong communication, persuasion and client management.
- Career accomplishments: Were you the top performer in your district? Were you invited to speak at sales conventions? Are you tapped as an effective onboarding trainer or educator? Showcase those external validations of your sales and marketing expertise.
Visit our resume examples library to see how your fellow job seekers demonstrate their skills and achievements.
What is the role of a sales and marketing manager?
The responsibilities of a sales and marketing manager can vary depending on the size of the sales region or organization. Still, your role might include some of the following tasks:
- Led a team of professional sales associates.
- Set up monthly or quarterly sales plans and goals.
- Monitor daily, weekly, or quarterly sales.
- Track market developments.
- Create regional sales strategies.
- Maintain positive employee and customer relationships.
What skills should I list on my resume for marketing?
A solid sales and marketing manager candidate should feature a persuasive combination of technical sales skills, hard skills, and soft interpersonal skills. You can find our researched master list of the most recommended resume skills here, but we also curated a short list of powerful marketing skills to help kick-start your resume:
- Use of sales tracking software such as Salesforce, Pipedrive or Zoho CRM.
- Knowledge of content management systems such as WordPress, Squarespace or Wix.
- In-house creation of video content for internal training and external marketing.
- Programming languages like HTML, CSS or Python.
- Read and interpret data analytics.
- Social media management.
- Content writing, copywriting and page layout.
- Search engine optimization (SEO).
- Creative thinking.
- Verbal and written communication.
- Team management and collaboration.
- Public speaking.