Chief of Police
Appointed as Chief of Police for the [company name] for the City of Uvalde. Chief Executive Administrator of full service police department consisting of 41 sworn positons, and 16 non-sworn staff. Agency budget is 3.8 million dollars. As Chief, accountable for all policies, discipline and organizational direction of the department. Work closely with the City Manager, Mayor and Council and other agencies. The department consists of patrol division, investigative division, and staff support division. Also oversee the department's communications center of ten dispatchers. All duties and responsibilities associated with Chief of Police job description.
- Completed transitioning of 911 center to a larger and more modern system. PD dispatches for all entities in Uvalde County.
- Have implemented city ordinances for the City of Uvalde.
- In process of having department accredited through the Texas Best Practices Program.
- Work closely with other law enforcement agencies.
- Drafted and submitted city ordinances for approval.
- Regional 911 board committee
- Work with federal, state and local law enforcement agencies with the goal of community safety.
- Chairman of Coalition Resources against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault.
- Overall crime reduced by 30 % percent in the last two years.
- Approved for State Grant for mobile computer data terminals for the patrol cars.