911 Dispatcher Cover Letter
911 Dispatchers are a vital part of emergency response teams; their role is to answer incoming emergency calls and send the appropriate responders to the scene. Typical duties of a 911 Dispatcher include: taking phone calls, choosing appropriate codes for the information they receive, determining call priority level, monitoring the location of the emergency service staff, maintaining communication with callers, using computer equipment, maintaining call logs, and training junior dispatchers.
Those interested in a 911 Dispatcher job should be able to highlight the following qualifications throughout their cover letters:
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Being able to follow instructions
- Fast thinking and decision-making abilities
- Being able to work under pressure
- A clear speaking voice
- Logic and problem-solving abilities
- Computer competences
Below is displayed an example cover letter highlighting similar 911 Dispatcher skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive 911 Dispatcher Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a 911 Dispatcher, check out our more complete 911 Dispatcher Job Description.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Griffith:
Upon learning of Randolph County’s need for a 911 Dispatcher, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. As a sound decision-maker and a skilled professional with more than 12 years of experience responding to emergency calls and communicating crucial information to mobile units in Blackbridge County, WV, I would significantly benefit your team in this role.
Having recently relocated to the Randolph County area, I am excited about the prospect of putting my previous experience as a 911 Dispatcher to use for benefit of the region. From addressing caller concerns and relaying messages to dispatching fire/EMS/police and maintaining detailed records, my background has been characterized by my commitment to optimizing efficiency and making smart decisions. My proven ability to remain calm under pressure, along with my exceptional interpersonal and multitasking abilities, prepares me to excel in this position.
Please consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Recognized as Dispatcher of the Year on four separate occasions and earned numerous commendations from both law enforcement and the general public in Blackbridge County, WV.
- Adhering to all medical protocol in giving BLS information to emotionally distraught callers via phone.
- Developing and introducing updated policies and procedures for the dispatch center to measurably improve efficiency, productivity, and caller experiences.
- Handling emergency calls effectively in a fast-paced and challenging dispatching center.
With my record of success in managing dispatch calls, coupled with my superior communication and time management skills, I am sure to exceed your expectations and make a positive impact on Randolph County’s emergency services. I look forward to discussing the position in detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.