Contracting Specialist/contracting Officer
Abundant knowledge about the federal contracting career field to include the FAR and DFAR. Expertly awarded service, commodity, medical, and construction contracts in support of the largest and busiest Fighter Wing in the [company name]. Managed a workload portfolio worth $89 million dollars. Have experience with a wide range of contract types and methods. Military background, exceptional character, integrity, and self-disciplined. Capable of executing post award contract performance management actions to the highest degree. Demonstrated professionalism and carried out a high level of responsibility as a Warranted Contingency Contracting Officer in support of Operation Tomodachi.
- Flawlessly awarded and managed a $248K corrosion control contract which serviced 144 aircraft per year; key to Fighter Wing's $213M flying program.
- Oversaw $5M defense air surveillance radar contract which sustained air traffic control operations and cut communication squadron maintenance costs by 41% per yr.
- Led negotiation of security system installation contract to help secure $50M worth of explosives in support of the Army Air Defense Artillery Battalion, saved 35% from government estimate.
- Sourced $492K Tub Grinder contract and coordinated rapid delivery for typhoon recovery efforts; cut Wing recycling costs by $76K per year.
- Awarded FOD clean up contract which assisted in protecting $6B in aircraft assets, reduced aeronautical maintenance costs by an average of $1.3M per year.
- Received Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal for volunteering 725 personal hours; while managing a total of 247 volunteers and over 1,700 donated hours.