Senior Immigration Specialist and Paralegal
As a Senior Immigration Specialist and Paralegal, assumed a leadership position within the Immigration Organization to ensure the attraction and retention of critical talent, by effectively managing the process of preparing and filing of all nonimmigrant visas with the appropriate government agencies. A strategic partner for business groups and human resources, on the immigration needs for Motorola.
- Processed visas: B-1, H-1B, J-1, L-1, TN, O-1 and EAD Cards.
- Managed reports to obtain information of local new-hires, transfer of employment visas, expatriate transfers, visa expiry and/or preparation for notification to employees to collect documentation to extend current visas.
- Responsible to work with Motorola's U.S. and Global managers to oversee the development and delivery of U.S. and global visa services for employees of Motorola worldwide and continuously improve processes and policies as needed.
- Managed the following: individuals' petitions, visa consulate packets, EAD Cards, labor condition applications, export control and maintaining DOL public access files.
- Implemented and communicated immigration policies and procedures.
- Partnered with human resources and staffing departments with recruitment efforts for the businesses hiring needs.
- Provided immigration training to Motorola employees, human resources, recruiters, business managers, and other key work partners and groups.
- Introduced and managed 5 Motorola J-1 Exchange Visitor Programs for the foreign exchange visitors. (Programs: Internships, Trainees, Research Scholar, Short Term Scholars, and Professors)
- Maintained compliance with SEVIS and the Department of State regulations and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service regulations.