Responsible for providing tax research planning and compliance service to a diverse group of corporate, partnership and high net worth individuals clients within the financial services industry: investment partnerships, hedge funds, securities broker/-dealers, investment management companies, venture capital funds, private equity funds, passive foreign investment companies, and investment bankers.
- Tax Compliance including the preparation of Individual, Partnership, Corporation & Estates filings
- Review partnership tax allocations for K-1's based on the aggregate method of accounting to distribute income
- Analyze partnership agreements and audited financial statements prior to tax return preparation for any new tax considerations
- Analyze books and records to identify potential wash sales, constructive sales, straddles, short side adjustment and short sale holding period. Advised clients at year-end to adopt tax strategies, which would result in tax favorable results.
- Experience in preparing General Partner entity returns and allocation of income earned on capital contribution and via incentive.