Tax Associate Cover Letter
Tax Associates help small businesses prepare their income tax filings and comply with tax regulations. Essential responsibilities of a Tax Associate are interviewing clients, collecting financial data, finding ways to reduce client tax obligations in a legal manner, maintaining their knowledge of tax and accounting principles, using tax preparation software, correcting filing errors, maintaining accurate information for tax purposes, assisting audits, maintaining client accounts, and reconciling banking transactions.
A successful Tax Associate cover letter usually focuses on the following skills and aptitudes:
- Knowledge of tax regulations
- Accounting and finance expertise
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Computer competences and knowledge of tax preparation software
- Customer service orientation
- Business acumen
- Problem-solving orientation
Beneath is provided a cover letter sample showcasing similar Tax Associate skills and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Tax Associate Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Allen:
When I learned of your search for a new Tax Associate, I felt compelled to submit the enclosed resume for your consideration. As an analytical tax accountant with extensive experience performing tax preparation and service functions for a range of clients while driving top-notch accuracy and operational efficiency, I am well positioned to exceed your expectations in this role.
From preparing returns and recommending optimal tax / financial strategies to conducting research and ensuring full compliance, I excel in providing overarching management of tax accounting operations. Furthermore, my proven success in overseeing special projects—along with my ability to coordinate and lead staff—prepares me to make a significant impact on your organization.
Please consider the following highlights of my experience:
- Delivering tax compliance and consulting service for business with revenues/assets of up to $150M; completing 275+ different small- to medium-volume 1120-C tax returns and 650+ individual 1040 returns over my career.
- Leveraging expertise in tax planning to prepare detailed and accurate returns for individuals, multistate corporations, estates, s-corporations, and partnerships while interfacing with both clients and the IRS to analyze and resolve questions and concerns.
- Performing intricate calculations on foreign tax credits and filing foreign reports such as Form 5471, 5472, and FinCen114.
- Accurately and expeditiously managing client tax strategies and planning, accounting procedures, report generation, and general administrative tasks to drive optimal efficiency and departmental success.
- Organizing and conducting a Tax Depreciation Seminar for 25 employees to improve client outcomes.
- Excelling within deadline-driven, fast-paced environments while supervising and motivating staff to achieve maximum productivity and accuracy.
With my experience in performing tax accounting operations—coupled with my inherent interpersonal and organizational skills—I am ready to provide outstanding service within your company. I look forward to discussing how I can make a strong contribution in this role.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Loretta R. Nelson