- Featured in:
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Include These Credit Manager Skills
- Preparing monthly status reports for management review
- Auditing and approving all credit requests that exceed the authorized amount
- Handling escalated collection issues that junior staff members aren’t able to resolve
- Managing the application and waiving of late fees to customer accounts
- Measuring team member performance in relation to department goals and objectives
- Facilitate ongoing training of staff in order to keep them informed in the area of credit and collections
- Monitoring the credit-granting and credit-updating process and recommending changes as needed
Below is an example of a cover letter that details relevant abilities and work experience for a Credit Manager.
Dear Ms. Worthington:
I am submitting my resume for the position of Credit Manager. I have worked in the credit and collections field for banks, credit unions and short-term loan companies, which has given me valuable experience in relating to customers and negotiating for positive outcomes ’experience that aligns well with the qualifications you are seeking.
As a Credit Manager for the past 12 years, I have become adept in evaluating credit risks and reducing bad debts within a short period of time. My Master’s degree in Business Administration, my substantial experience as a Credit Manager and my well-rounded skill set in this field would serve as assets to Brickwell Bank.
Below are some highlights of my related experience and qualifications:
Overhauled credit collection policies to improve collection rates
Effectively maintained a less than 1-percent default rate on approved loans for the last five years
Analyzed the performance of 300+ client loans and products over the course of 12 years
Trained, motivated, supervised and retained up to seven credit vetting staff members
Served as the point of contact for all credit reporting and fraud agencies
Prepared and sent all collections letters within three days of a missed payment and followed up by phone within one week
Successfully supervised collection functions at a satellite branch for a period of six months while the regular credit manager was hospitalized
Compiled required court-related statistics within an Excel spreadsheet on a quarterly basis
As I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this position in more detail with you at your earliest convenience. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Thank you for your consideration.
Jared K. Evantz