Provided leadership to all aspects of financial stewardship, budgeting, financial analysis, resource procurement, operational analysis, and project management for a dot com trucking company with $550MM in annual revenue. Led efforts to augment the reporting processes and general ledger integration for new system and quality control audits. Played a key role in evaluating and strengthening internal controls, which mitigated risk exposure. Consolidated multiple processes and systems, which created efficiencies while reducing staffing needs. Directed the restructuring of the revenue recognition model and COGS booking methodology. Served as the SME on information flow and security. Established monthly metrics deck reviews with Finance VP and Directors, which aided in identifying trends and enhancing profitability. Created the annual budget and incorporated forecasted volume, mode split, revenue, headcount, new initiatives, and tax obligations.
- Supervised and trained the team in performing at optimal levels.
- Streamlined daily activities and introduced process improvements to boost efficiency.
- Oversaw payroll functions for 1,250 FT, PT, and Commissioned employees across 4 companies in 15 states and Canada.
- Championed efforts to convert the payroll system from ADP (outsourced call-center) to Workday (Cloud product) on-schedule, on-budget, and error free.
- Developed ROI analysis for passing additional transactional data when a credit card was used, which saved approximately $100K annually and strengthening transactional security.
- Managed overall security and internal control strengthening project as well as served on a team tasked with gaining PCI compliance.
- Handled credit risk management and collections while lowering the company's bad debt write offs below the company's records for both 2011 and 2012.