Portfolio Manager Cover Letter
Portfolio Managers make executive decisions for a company or client. While Portfolio Managers are typically employed by a variety of different firms, they most often work for portfolio management firms or investment banks.
A cover letter is important for a potential Portfolio Manager to have because it highlights the candidate’s relevant skills and work experience for the hiring manager to view at a glance. Your cover letter is your introduction to what could potentially be your future employer, so it is important to make a good first impression.
Job descriptions for Portfolio Manager roles showcase such relevant duties as:
- Advising foundation prospects and clients on asset allocation, development of investment policy statements, and management of investment portfolios
- Implementing proprietary mean-variance optimization programs in order to identify potential solutions to embedded risks and gaps within prospect portfolios
- Presenting firm investment strategies at industry conferences and prospect seminars
An example cover letter of a Portfolio Manager which highlights the skills and experiences relevant to the position appears below. Also, be sure to check out our extensive Portfolio Manager resume samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Jorge Hardy:
As a dedicated senior level financial leader with extensive experience in portfolio/investment management, I possess the ability to analyze and communicate portfolio performance, prepare financial analysis/modeling data as well as assist in the overall valuation process. I have successfully managed portfolios over $1.3B. Now, I would like the opportunity to bring my unique background to serve the vision of your company as your next Portfolio Manager.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Oversaw a southeast U.S. real estate portfolio with $1.3B in assets including 18 office parks consisting of 80+ buildings.
- Monitored portfolio cash management, including monthly and quarterly reforecasts, capital expenditure and equity retirements, quarterly dividends, sales and refinance proceeds.
- Coordinated $160M worth of asset acquisitions and $223M of new debt and refinancings.
- Oversaw annual budget and audit process.
- Performed acquisition due diligence including financial analytics, performance and underwriting analysis and secured financing.
I am an astute and detail oriented producer with the ability to interpret data with business consequence in mind. I am able to relay complex information effectively and communicate vital information across an enterprise. My leadership philosophy promotes team collaboration, motivating staff to exceed goals. I am a resourceful problem solver with a keen ability to identify process improvements, cost savings and maintain financial and operational oversight.
For a more detailed presentation of my skills and offerings, please review the enclosed resume and feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to our conversation.