Admitting- Collecting the patient's health history information and assessment during the admitting process. Obtaining consent and initiating pre-procedure teaching. Excellent skills with IV placement for the anesthesia provider. Average of 20 IV starts a day.
- Assisting in the procedure room. Assist the physician with procedural related needs such as obtaining biopsies, patient positioning and esophageal dilation. Monitor the patient during the procedure by assessment of vitals, and EKG assessment. Obtain and accurately label any specimens taken for pathology during the procedure.
- Recovery room and triage (PACU) - Monitor patient for stability after procedure. Receive patient from the procedure and assess patient as they are recovering from anesthesia. Provide post- procedural education to both patient and family member. Appropriately triage phone calls from patients with issues or questions.
- Refill medications, obtain authorization for medications as well as giving results from tests and labs that were performed. Telephonic triage for 6 providers for outpatient procedures as well as clinic. Document review for accuracy.
at this job
- Pre-operative care (including but not limited to Pre-operative assessment of patients, educating patients prior to procedure and reviewing discharge instructions, review of medication list, starting IVs, administering medications as ordered, obtaining informed consent, monitoring vital signs and cardiac monitoring as needed)
- Intra-operative care (preforming TIMEOUT, assisting physicians during procedures with patients under care of anesthesia and obtaining and labeling specimens and assisting with special procedures including BRAVO placement and EUS all while helping maintain patient's safety)
- Post-operative care (assessment of patient including pain and vital signs, communication with Anesthesiologist and physician if change in patients condition, review of discharge instructions including patient and family education, administering of medications as needed and calling in/writing out prescriptions as ordered)
- General Job Duty (Controlled Substance count, checking 0f crash cart daily, conducting telephone interviews after procedures and triaging calls, logging in biopsy results and reporting abnormal results to physician)
at this job