Respiratory Therapist Cover Letter
Respiratory Therapists assist patients with respiratory problems and help them restore pulmonary function. Job duties of a Respiratory Therapist include: setting patient goals, running tests and interpreting results, collaborating with physicians, using mechanical ventilators, developing treatment plans, monitoring patient progress, taking part in medical conferences, ensuring confidentiality, and updating their job knowledge by taking part in educational opportunities.
A good Respiratory Therapist should be able to showcase the following qualifications throughout their cover letters:
- Physiology knowledge
- Bedside manners
- Clinical skills
- Medical teamwork
- Infection control
- Verbal and written communication
- Good people skills
- Computer literacy
Beneath is provided a sample cover letter highlighting similar skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Respiratory Therapist Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Montgomery:
When I learned of your posting for a Respiratory Therapist, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As an accomplished and highly skilled professional with extensive experience in pulmonary function disorders and corresponding respiratory therapies, I will make a significant impact as a member of your medical team.
My background spans more than 14 years of experience in performing comprehensive respiratory therapy responsibilities while ensuring maximum accuracy and attention to detail. From administering inhalants and operating ventilators to advising patients on breathing exercises and monitoring their progress, I possess deep expertise in ensuring patient completion of treatment plans to optimize respiratory quality. With my solid team collaboration and communication skills, along with my dedication to providing optimal patient experiences, I am positioned to excel in this role.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Demonstrating record of success throughout career as a respiratory therapist, observing and monitoring patient behaviors and responses to breathing treatments to inform future medical decisions.
- Creating and implementing more than 270 treatment plans, resulting in successful weaning off of mechanical ventilation and decannulations.
- Amassing proficiency in extensive equipment usage and maintenance, quality control, staff training, records / data management, and regulatory compliance.
- Building and sustaining exceptional patient relationships, leveraging superior communication skills and compassionate care to calm anxious patients and secure trusting relationships.
- Leveraging outstanding interpersonal skills to foster a cohesive and collaborative team environment and maintain healthy relationships with peers and staff.
With my expertise in a range of respiratory therapy techniques, along with my commitment to superior patient-focused care, I am prepared to put my knowledge and experience to work for you. I look forward to discussing the position further. Thank you for your consideration.
Kristi G. Goodwin