Physical Therapist Assistant Cover Letter
Physical Therapist Assistants provide care to patients under the coordination of a physical therapist. They are also required to ensure support for physical therapists and contribute to their effectiveness. Key responsibilities of a Physical Therapist Assistant include implementing treatment plans, evaluating patient condition, maintaining patient care records, answering to inquiries and offering advice to patients, maintaining a clean working environment, and adhering to health and safety standards.
A typical sample cover letter for Physical Therapist Assistant should mention the following skills:
- Physical therapy expertise
- Health promotion
- Medical teamwork
- Research skills
- Good communication and listening skills
- Empathy and bedside manners
- Organization and planning
- Attention to details
- The ability to motivate others
The Physical Therapist Assistant example cover letter below showcases similar qualifications and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Physical Therapist Assistant Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Ms. McCabe:
When I learned of your need for a new Physical Therapist Assistant, I hastened to submit my resume for your consideration. My experience assisting physical therapists in comprehensive patient care and treatment management—complemented by my superior interpersonal skills and my supportive and motivational personality—give me confidence in my ability to significantly benefit your team and make a positive impact on the lives of your patients.
My background includes excellent experience helping patients to complete specific exercises as part of their care plans while documenting their conditions and progress to inform treatment modifications as necessary. Furthermore, my ability to quickly connect with individuals and build trusting relationships, along with my communication and team collaboration talents, prepare me to thrive in this challenging position.
Some of the highlights of my qualifications include…
- Assisting physical therapists at Holistic Physical Therapy in Tampa Bay to administer active and passive manual exercises using a variety of equipment to relieve and resolve acute and chronic physical pain.
- Working effectively and empathically with elderly patients suffering from various neurological pathologies such as Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, CVA, gait and balance disorders, and vestibular dysfunction.
- Leading an MS Society group exercise program with ambulatory and non-ambulatory patients.
- Monitoring patients’ progress and compiling patient responses throughout the course of the treatments to inform physical therapists and facilitate optimal patient improvement.
- Maintaining, cleaning, and organizing equipment and furniture to ensure good working order and sanitary conditions.
- Holding an Associate’s degree in Physical Therapy from Tampa Bay Medical College.
With my previous experience assisting physical therapists with comprehensive patient care, complemented by my dedication to providing outstanding patient care, I believe I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. The opportunity to discuss the position in further detail would be most welcome.
Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Joseph K. Jensen