Aba Therapist Cover Letter
Aba Therapists work with autistic children and other patients diagnosed with developmental problems. These professionals use specific techniques to help patients learn positive behavior and improve their social skills. Typical duties of an Aba Therapist include assessing patient condition, creating treatment plans, conducting therapy sessions, monitoring patient progress, reporting to parents and relatives, instructing parents on how to apply Aba therapy at home, and maintaining patient records.
A well-written cover letter sample for Aba Therapist should mention the following skills and qualifications:
- Aba therapy expertise
- The ability to motivate patients
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Patience and perseverance
- Attention to details and good observational skills
- Computer literacy
Beneath is displayed an example cover letter highlighting comparable Aba Therapist abilities and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Aba Therapist Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. Lees:
Upon learning of your search for an experienced ABA Therapist to join your team, I hastened to submit my resume detailing my credentials for your consideration. As an accomplished and highly skilled professional with 12+ years of experience providing support to young autistic patients across the spectrum, I am sure to make a significant and positive impact in this position.
My expertise lies in helping autistic patients from ages 6-13 through the use of Applied Behavioral Analysis principles. Assessing patient needs, reinforcing desirable behaviors, and communicating with family members are just a few of the tasks I perform each day, helping patients to overcome difficulties and stressors and improve their behaviors and social skills. Furthermore, my solid communication and relationship-building skills, along with my dedication to providing optimal patient experiences, positions me to excel in this role.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Provided 1:1 therapy to children with autism spectrum disorders in home, community, and school settings; implemented ABA techniques such as DTT, PRT, and PECS to improve language and communication, cultivate appropriate play and cooperation skills, and enhance daily living functionality.
- Administered development assessments, tracked patient progress via graphs and data collection, monitored maladaptive behaviors, and led necessary behavior interventions.
- Collaborated effectively with parents, health providers, and school staff to encourage each patient’s treatment and improvement while building a structural foundation of support and empathy across multiple facets of patients’ lives.
- Holding a Master’s degree in ABA Therapy as well as current state licensure in Virginia.
With my expertise in ABA therapeutic techniques and autism spectrum disorders, I am prepared to put my knowledge and experience to work for you and substantially benefit the lives of your patients. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, in detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
John M. Thomas