Physiotherapy Assistant Cover Letter
Physiotherapy Assistants provide support to physical therapists and help to deliver physical therapy services. Specific job duties for Physiotherapy Assistants include implementing physical therapy treatment plans, performing physical examinations, encouraging patients to engage in physical activities, performing manual exercises, showing patients how to use supportive devices, maintaining a safe working environment, adhering to infection control policies, and updating their job knowledge.
A well-written cover letter sample for Physiotherapy Assistant should highlight the following job assets:
- Physiotherapy expertise
- Medical teamwork
- Health promotion
- Bedside manners
- Quality focus
- Listening skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Organization and planning
Beneath is provided a cover letter example highlighting relevant Physiotherapy Assistant experience and abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Physiotherapy Assistant Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Kress:
As a skilled, patient-centric, and insightful professional with continuing education in physiotherapy coupled with excellent practicum experience, I am excited to submit the enclosed resume in response to your search for a new Physiotherapist Assistant. If you are looked for a caring and communicative individual with strong interpersonal and motivational skills, I am confident you will find my background and credentials to be of significant benefit to your facility in this capacity.
My background includes providing comprehensive operational and administrative support to physiotherapists in busy patient-oriented clinics. From verifying patient data and updating databases to helping patients perform exercises and assisting with the completion of their treatment plans, my experience has consistently resulted in supportive and nurturing physiotherapy experiences for all patients. Furthermore, my talent for connecting quickly with patients and establishing trusting relationships positions me ready to thrive in this challenging role.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Excelling in consecutive hands-on assistant roles with the Nurture Physiotherapy Facility and the Juniper Clinic, greeting patients, explaining and demonstrating exercises, monitoring patient progress, and providing overarching support to physiotherapists.
- Assisting therapists in administering neuromusculoskeletal treatments, electrical muscle stimulation, thermotherapy, lumbar traction, and ultrasound waves.
- Educating patients with varying physical capabilities and challenges in the proper use of assistive devices and gait aids.
- Evaluating patients’ ability levels and adjusting exercises accordingly, documenting and reporting any changes in patients’ capacity to complete their customized therapy programs.
- Performing a range of administrative tasks, including records management, treatment room preparation, billing, and appointment setting.
- Pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Physiotherapy, on track to receive in the fall of 2017.
With my commitment to assisting physiotherapists with patient rehabilitation and recovery, coupled with my strong abilities in administrative and operational support, I am sure that I could quickly exceed your expectations for this role. I would welcome the chance to discuss this position, and what I can offer your clinic, in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Angel T. Kelly