Physical Therapist Cover Letter
Physical Therapists work with people who are ill or have sustained physical injuries; their goal is to help them regain motor function. Typical work activities seen on a Physical Therapist resume include assessing patient condition, performing tests and interpreting their results, administering exercises, providing instructions, giving massages, monitoring patient progress, motivating patients, and maintaining therapy equipment in good condition.
Those interested in a Physical Therapist career should be able to demonstrate the following skills throughout their cover letters:
- Physiology knowledge
- Clinical skills
- Health promotion
- Bedside manners and empathy
- Pain management
- Stamina and physical fitness
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
Below is presented a sample cover for Physical Therapist showcasing similar qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Physical Therapist Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Smith:
When I learned of the opportunity to serve as a Physical Therapist with your organization, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. My experience supporting injured patients with improving their range of motion and managing their pain—as well as my commitment to providing the highest level of patient care and service—give me confidence in my ability to significantly benefit your team.
From assessing conditions and learning information to developing treatment plans and leading individual therapy sessions, my background has prepared me to excel in this role. My ability to quickly connect with individuals and establish trusting relationships, along with my strong communication and team collaboration capabilities, position me to thrive in this challenging position.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Screening, evaluating, and examining patients to establish accurate diagnoses and identify appropriate action plans to achieve measurable and positive results.
- Monitoring individuals’ progress and adapting and modifying actions throughout the course of the treatments as needed to ensure optimal improvement and performance.
- Educating patients on diagnoses, anatomy, physiology, and expected benefits from applied PT interventions.
- Demonstrating superior organizational and interpersonal abilities while delivering outstanding levels of compassion and care to clients.
With my previous practicum and education in physical therapy, complemented by my dedication to providing vital assistance to individuals in need, I believe I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. The opportunity to discuss the position in further detail would be welcomed.
Thank you for your consideration.
Sonia C. Hammond