Physical Therapist Aide
Administered active or passive manual therapeutic exercises, therapeutic massage, or heat, light, sound, water, or electrical modality treatments, such as ultrasound.
- Instructed, motivated, safeguarded, or assisted patients practicing exercises or functional activities, under direction of medical staff.
- Recorded treatment given and equipment used.
- Conferred with physical therapy staff or others to discuss and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, or coordinating treatment.
- Observed patients during treatment to compile and evaluate data on patients' responses and progress and report to physical therapist.
- Secured patients into or onto therapy equipment.
- Transported patients to and from treatment areas, using wheelchairs or providing standing support.
- Arranged treatment supplies to keep them in order.