Financial Accountant Cover Letter
Financial Accountants maintain a company’s financial records and help managers make informed decisions. Essential job duties of a Financial Accountant include managing bank accounts, preparing annual accounting statements, handling tax returns, providing assistance to auditors, collecting data for statements, adhering to state and federal tax requirements, responding to financial inquiries, offering financial advice, reconciling balance sheets, and predicting cash flow.
The ideal candidate for a Financial Accountant position should be able to demonstrate the following skills throughout his or her cover letter:
- Accounting and financial expertise
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Deadline orientation
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Organization and planning
- Computer proficiency
- Business acumen
- Reporting skills
Similar skills and qualifications are visible in the sample cover letter displayed right below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Financial Accountant Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Bryant:
When I learned of your search for an analytical, organized, and highly skilled Financial Accountant to join your team, I hastened to submit the enclosed resume for your review. With extensive experience accurately performing a full range of day-to-day accounting responsibilities, I am well positioned to exceed your expectations in this role.
From financial reporting and account reconciliation to audit coordination and tax preparation, I excel in efficiently performing all aspects of accounting functions. My demonstrated accounting success across various industries throughout my 14-year career—along with my expertise in adhering to regulatory and policy guidelines—prepares me to make a significant impact on your company.
Highlights of my experience and qualifications include the following:
- Accurately and expeditiously facilitated bank reconciliations, risk assessments, auditing processes, invoice collection, year-end preparations, fixed assets, and month-end closing while providing a superior level of service and support to realize optimal financial performance.
- Developed project costing summaries and preparing detailed budgets of up to $3.5M.
- Successfully cleaned up company accounts by uncovering and writing off old debtors and duplicate creditors, clearing journals, and reclassifying expenses and assets in conjunction with external accountants.
- Slashed invoice processing time in half by developing and rolling out a new job costing system.
- Collaborated effectively with cross-functional teams and external auditors to drive maximum productivity, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Excelled within time-sensitive, fast-paced atmospheres while resolving issues and ensuring compliance with internal policies and regulatory guidelines.
With my experience in general accounting operations, combined with my interpersonal and organizational skills, I am ready to provide outstanding service within your company. I look forward to meeting with you and discussing how I am prepared to make a strong contribution in this role.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Christopher R. Hill