Equity Analyst Cover Letter
Equity Analysts provide insights into stocks and bounds to investments advisers and brokers. The areas they monitor include consumer goods, automotive, pharmaceuticals, and software development. Specific responsibilities of an Equity Analyst include monitoring industry trends, performing research, making recommendations, taking part to industry events, analyzing financial data using mathematical models, reviewing public records of companies, and updating their job knowledge.
The ideal candidate for this job should be able to demonstrate the following abilities throughout his or her cover letter:
- Financial expertise
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Analytical thinking
- Attention to details
- Observational skills
- Being able to work under pressure
- Computer proficiency
- Deadline orientation
Just beneath is provided a cover letter sample for Equity Analyst highlighting similar skills and abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Equity Analyst Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Dorsey:
As a highly analytical and detail-focused professional with more than 13 years of strong experience analyzing financial reports, identifying strategic investment opportunities, and assessing market risk, I am more than prepared to exceed your expectations as your next Equity Analyst. With this in mind, I invite you to review the enclosed resume detailing my experience and accomplishments to date.
My background spans excellent experience evaluating company portfolios, interviewing corporate management teams, building complex financial models, and identifying the overall financial worth of companies. My proven success in advising companies on customized, effective investment strategies—along with my expertise in utilizing an array of financial methodologies and tools—positions me to make a significant impact on your company.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Initiating analytical coverage on 40+ companies in the consumer staples and consumer discretionary sectors of the U.S. equity markets; researching equity positions and monitoring valuation metrics on fund securities and risk exposures; developing exit/entry points for P&L targets.
- Developing and managing a consumer staples sector model portfolio that appreciated 14% in 2006, outperforming its benchmark by 470 basis points.
- Acquiring deep experience in equity research and analysis at leading Fortune 500 companies including Hanover, American Express, and P.D. Eisenhower.
- Reviewing detailed financial reports and filings and analyzing statements to cultivate a more intricate understanding of companies.
- Producing detailed research reports and presenting investment recommendations to managers.
- Demonstrating confidence, leadership, and superior communication skills to interact effectively with cross-functional teams and propel portfolios to peak performances.
- Earning a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Finance from the University of Missouri; graduating Summa Cum Laude.
With my experience in equity and portfolio analysis, combined with my inherent understanding of market trends and forecasts, I am ready to provide outstanding service within your company. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Sandra M. Rose