Director Of Finance Cover Letter
A Director of Finance oversees a comprehensive range of financial tasks, skillfully managing budgets, expenditures, cost control efforts and accounting functions to ensure corporate profitability and cost efficiency. Typical work activities incorporate modeling, reporting, fiscal analysis, and forecasting. Strong analytical abilities, excellent team leadership skills and a solid business acumen are all essential to success in this position.
Successful cover letters for Directors of Finance often mention the following skills and abilities:
- Strategic and long-term financial planning
- Financial data/trend analysis
- Cash flow management
- Audit coordination
- Due diligence
- Fixed assets
- Profit and loss (P&L)
- Risk analysis/management
- Staff training and management
Please find a sample cover letter below, including relevant qualifications and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Director Of Finance Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Watkins:
As a successful executive with more than 17 years of experience in corporate financial direction and hands-on management, I am well prepared to provide immediate and long-standing results for Knockdown, Inc. With this in mind, I invite you to consider the enclosed resume as you look to fulfill the Director of Finance role.
My experience lies in driving staff through the development and implementation of strategic financial procedures and systems while establishing effective operational processes to drive business success and growth. My proven ability to supervise corporate financial development – along with my talent in directing staff and operations for both domestic and international corporations – positions me to make a significant and positive impact on your company.
Highlights of my expertise include the following:
- Spearheading financial management responsibilities, including P&L, modeling, budgeting/forecasting, fixed assets, financial reporting, due diligence, accounting, strategic business planning, and risk management functions, to drive overall business success as the Director of Finance for Sandbox Technologies and Tailspin, Inc., respectively.
- Developing, implementing, and championing strategic process improvements, including standardization, streamlining, and automation, to enhance efficiency and productivity while reducing variances.
- Communicating effectively with top corporate executives to present financial and budgetary results while advising on unplanned capital expenditures and the corresponding financial impact.
- Demonstrating superior management, presentation, team motivation, and interpersonal skills; possess Executive MBA degree and Certified Public Accountant (CPA) credential.
With my experience in corporate financial direction and team leadership, combined with my exceptional analytical skills, I am ready to provide outstanding service within your organization. I look forward to discussing the position with you in detail.
Justin V. Margolis