Dental Technician Cover Letter
Dental Technicians — also known as dental lab technicians — either work in small labs and offices or larger ones. In smaller settings, Dental Technicians might be responsible for many more tasks than technicians in larger lab settings. The main task of Dental Technicians is creating dental prosthetics from various materials — metal, porcelain or acrylics — by following the specific instructions dentists provide them. The prosthetics are corrective devices or replacements for patients’ original teeth. The ability to recreate the functions and imperfections of original teeth is essential to the success of Dental Technicians.
The following skills and qualifications are often found in example cover letters for Dental Technicians:
- Following dental work orders and prescriptions
- Maintenance and repairs on dental devices or appliances
- Bending, forming and shaping dental materials
Below is an example of a cover letter that details the pertinent experience and abilities for a Dental Technician.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Whitestone:
I am submitting my resume for the position of Dental Technician. For the past six years, I’ve worked in a large dental lab as a successful and award-winning Dental Technician who has handled a variety of responsibilities. I believe these responsibilities have primed me for other Dental Technician roles and responsibilities such as the ones Three Tier Laboratory Services is offering.
My extensive experience in creating, modifying and repairing a wide range of dental appliances and my ability to maintain an efficient and organized work environment under pressure align perfectly with the qualifications you are seeking. In addition, I am well versed in using computer programs to create appliances.
The following are some highlights of my related qualifications and experience:
- Consistently built porcelain crown units and rebuilt dentures with zero errors.
- Engaged in troubleshooting between dentists and laboratory to effectively resolve issues Identified minute color deviations and provided exact tone matches to natural teeth.
- Consulted with dental surgeons to clarify specifications for prosthetics.
- Received a Dental Technician award for accuracy three years in a row Tested and adjusted model products while following laboratory procedures.
- Developed production procedures that reduced production time by 25 percent.
Due to my competence in all dental lab-based technologies and areas of dental fabrication, I am confident that I can serve as a valuable asset to Three Tier Laboratory Services. I am available at your earliest convenience to discuss my qualifications for this position and answer any questions you might have. I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Thank you for your consideration.