Junior Software Developer Cover Letter
Junior Software Developers are IT professionals who develop and maintain key modules of software solutions. Specific responsibilities can vary depending on the industry, but typically include collaborating with other members of the IT team, writing HTML and CSS code, testing the functionality of web applications, mapping out project milestones, presenting feature concepts to project stakeholders, and interacting with clients.
Many Junior Software Developer cover letters highlight the following skills and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, web design or computer science
- Awareness of trends in user experience
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Strong attention to detail and design
- Ability to meet deadlines
Below is a Junior Software Developer cover letter that showcases some of these competencies.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Junior Software Developer Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Barton,
My professional experience includes designing and crafting code for various web functions and then testing the resulting code to meet client needs. I also have experience working in a collaborative environment and presenting status updates to project stakeholders.
Here are further highlights of my qualifications and professional achievements:
- Bachelor’s degree in web design from Gordon University
- Proficient in database technologies, such as MySQL and PHP
- Experience using HTML5 and CSS3 to code a variety of web functions for different clients
- Used CRM software to document and analyze client communication
My passion for designing useful and appealing software is what drives me to pursue a career at your company, and my eye for design and user-driven approach to development makes me an ideal candidate. If you think I’d be a good fit for Martian Digital Solutions, then please reach out to set up an interview at your earliest convenience.
Greg H. Parsons