Business Banker Cover Letter
Business Bankers handle business accounts for financial institutions, working with business clients on strategic investment opportunities and growing the business customer base through lending and product sales. Expertise in finance is a must, along with a keen ability to network and secure new high-value customers to expand profitability. Strong relationship-building talents are an asset in this role.
Successful cover letters for Business Bankers often mention the following skills:
- Business mortgages and lines of credit
- Business development and retention
- Networking and relationship management
- Cold calling and prospecting
- Credit and financial analysis
- Product sales/upselling
- Needs analysis and product recommendation
- Risk assessment/management
- Client service excellence
A sample cover letter for a Business Banker showing similar qualifications and experience follows.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Business Banker Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Fouch:
When I learned of East Point Financial’s need for an experienced Business Banker to come on board, I felt compelled to submit the enclosed resume for your consideration. As an experienced and motivated professional with expertise in managing overall business banking strategies, recruiting and expanding new business, and providing unparalleled client service, I am more than prepared to exceed your expectations for this role.
Throughout my career of 13 years, I have excelled in growing the profitability of the small business customer base at Flagpoint Bank’s Salem branch, growing business loans year over year by ~$1.2M+ while continually acquiring new high-value business clients. Furthermore, I have gained comprehensive experience in risk analysis and management, treasury product sales, and sophisticated lending procedures. My demonstrated success in optimizing business development and revenue growth, along with developing and overseeing productive and efficient teams, positions me to make a significant and positive impact on your bank’s bottom line.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Managing $18M book of business, growing from 40 to 175+ business clients in the past 10 years.
- Acquiring expertise in comprehensive aspects of business banking operations, including commercial lending (mortgages and lines of credit), project and M&A finance, credit approval, complex lending, and financial analysis.
- Earning distinction as the Top Business Banker in 2012, 2014, and 2016; attaining 176% of loan goal in the third quarter of 2016 and maintaining an average of meeting 140% of loan goals.
- Promoting and driving the sale of bank products and services to both new and existing business clients, resulting in an increased client base.
- Demonstrating exceptional presentation, interpersonal, negotiation, and relationship management talents.
With my leadership experience in the business banking sector, combined with my proven record of excellence and my inherent communication and analytical skills, I am ready to provide outstanding service at East Point Financial. I look forward to discussing the position, and what I can offer, in further detail.
Lisa J. Jones