Loan Officer Cover Letter
Loan Officers are responsible for processing loan applications and either approving or denying them after going through a set of pre-established criteria. Loans can be granted both to individuals and businesses. Main responsibilities of a Loan Officer are interviewing applicants, requesting financial information from clients, determining financial eligibility, making decisions and justifying them to superiors, creating debt payment plans, recommending different types of loans, and following lending compliance regulations.
A well-written sample cover letter for Loan Officer should demonstrate the following abilities:
- Knowledge of lending products and previous experience as a loan officer
- Computer proficiency and being able to operate banking applications
- Selling skills and persuasion
- Communication and interpersonal abilities
- Analytical thinking
- Customer focus
An example cover letter for Loan Officer showcasing similar skills is presented below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Loan Officer Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Moore:
When I learned of JMA’s need for a Loan Officer, I felt compelled to submit the enclosed resume. As an experienced loan officer and mortgage banking specialist with expertise in performing detailed credit and property assessments, originating and managing comprehensive loan applications, and providing exceptional customer service, I am prepared to exceed your expectations for this role.
With more than nine years of experience facilitating successful customer lending, I have gained comprehensive skills in applicant interviews, loan policy compliance, underwriting procedures, documentation reviews, and approval submission procedures. My demonstrated record of effectively coordinating loan funding, along with my commitment to optimal customer service, positions me to make a significant impact on your organization.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Collaborating with loan and real estate agents, title companies, underwriters, appraisers, peers, and management to drive swift and efficient loan processing and completion.
- Training and managing staff members to top performances while excelling on an individual-sales level to realize robust loan sales figures.
- Networking with previous and existing customers as well as vendor referral sources to drive revenue growth.
- Comprehensive knowledge in FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, and subprime loans.
With my experience performing full life cycle loan processing functions, combined with my inherent interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills, I am ready to provide outstanding service within your organization. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Brian I. Murray