Assistant Controller Cover Letter
Assistant Controllers work under the supervision of Controllers to prepare and analyze their employer’s financial and accounting information. Standard work activities include supporting various aspects of accounting management, such as reporting, tax forms, and billing, helping with the preparation of financial documents in accordance with federal guidelines, preparing their employer for their yearly financial audit, conducting budget reports and forecasts and presenting reports to key stakeholders.
Below is an example of some of the skills and qualifications typically found on Assistant Controller cover letters.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (not required)
- Passed CPA exam
- Advanced proficiency in Accounting software such as QuickBooks
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of federal financial regulations and tax code
- At least 7-10 years Accounting experience
- Organization and planning skills
- Presentation skills
- Financial analysis skills
The following is a sample Assistant Controller cover letter that highlights some of these skills and accomplishments.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Assistant Controller Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be an Assistant Controller, check out our more complete Assistant Controller Job Description.