Yoga Instructor Cover Letter
Yoga Instructors teach students across a range of capacities, levels and skill sets in yogi techniques, postures, poses and mindfulness practices. Deep knowledge of the practice of yoga, including certification as a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher, is essential for success in this position, and a solid understanding in the areas of anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology is also highly beneficial.
Cover letters for Yoga Instructors tend to reflect the following abilities and qualifications:
- Instructional demonstrations
- Posture assistance/modification
- Class scheduling
- Body/mind balance
- Student relationship building
- Meditation and mindfulness
- Warm and caring nature
- New class development/introduction
Please find a sample cover letter below, with relevant skills and experience noted.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Yoga Instructor Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Ms. Thompson:
When I learned of your need for a new Yoga Instructor to join your team at Lotus Yoga, I eagerly decided to submit my resume for your review. With my experience leading students of varying levels and abilities through Intuitive Flow, Hatha and Vinyasa classes,as well as my commitment to improving students’ quality of life by honing their mindfulness and meditation abilities, I am confident that I would significantly benefit your studio.
With my 200-hour RYT certification completed and my corresponding education and experience in the practice and teaching of yoga, my background has prepared me to excel as your next Yoga Instructor. Furthermore, my ability to strategically promote studio offerings and achieve program goals along with my excellent communication, organizational, and time management capabilities—position me to thrive in this role.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Earning a reputation for teaching excellence, an encouraging and welcoming spirit, and an ability to infuse my classes with warmth and positivity as a Yoga Instructor with 1-2-3 Blossom Yoga in Santa Monica.
- Teaching Vinyasa Flow, Intuitive Flow, Hatha, and Prenatal yoga classes with up to 22 students while also teaching private clients by request for 1-2-3 Blossom; studio was nominated by Santa Monica Weekly for three consecutive years as Best Yoga Studio in Santa Monica and won twice.
- Effectively taught students about the balance and connection between the body, mind, and spirit; read excerpts from yogi literature, led students in chanting when appropriate, and utilized mindfulness and meditation practices to uplift and recharge students during class.
- Cultivating strong and trusting relationships with students, building a loyal client base and consistently filling classes to capacity.
- Supporting the studio manager in various sales and administrative tasks, as well as helping her to develop, schedule, and introduce innovative class offerings to attract new students and grow the business.
- Demonstrating exceptional communication, organization, and interpersonal skills throughout my personal and professional accomplishments.
With key offerings from my experience teaching yoga, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to promoting improved health and wellbeing, I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I would appreciate the chance to discuss the position in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Evelyn M. McEwen