Web Content Manager Cover Letter
Web content managers oversee the development, writing, editing, and publication of web content for a diverse range of sites ranging from B2B/B2C to blogs to e-commerce, among others. Exceptional writing and editing skills are required in this position, along with outstanding aptitude in web design and development, user analytics, web content guidelines and standards, and solid technical proficiencies. The ability to utilize analytics and feedback to assess and improve site usability and appeal is highly beneficial.
Common skills and qualifications often seen on cover letters for this role include:
- Content development, editing, and management
- Site design and monitoring
- Site traffic and analytics
- Content strategy
- Content guidelines and standards
- Content solicitation and editing
- Content provider and writer management
- SEO and SEM
- Copyediting and proofreading
- Team collaboration
Please find a sample cover letter for a web content manager below highlighting similar abilities and experience.
Dear Mr. Mingo:
Upon review of your posting for a web content manager, I hastened to submit the enclosed resume for your consideration. As a creative and accomplished editor and writer with comprehensive experience developing and managing rich, compelling content for a variety of websites, I feel confident that I could vastly exceed your expectations for this role.
My background in developing and editing online articles, blogs, and B2B/B2C websites for both startup and established companies prepares me to substantially impact your business. With my history of success creating content strategy and monitoring traffic and analytics, along with my commitment to ensuring overall content alignment with brand and corporate guidelines, I am ready to extend my record of content management accomplishments to your company.
Highlights of my experience include the following…
- Designing web pages and managing and editing comprehensive, fresh content for websites as the content manager for Waggle and Quotidian, respectively; overseeing content development and leveraging analytics to maximize the effectiveness and quality of users’ experiences and increase site usage and usability
- Joining forces with the marketing team at Waggle to innovate lead generation campaigns and initiatives, leading to a 52% increase in qualified sales leads
- Working collaboratively with cross-functional business teams to manage site designs and maintain consistent messaging and branding across all sites
- Establishing and continually updating editorial calendars, content and design guidelines, and rules for governance
- Training, coaching, and managing CMS users and content providers; editing and proofreading all copy
- Earning a bachelor of arts in marketing communications from SUNY Albany
With my expertise in developing and managing a high volume of web content for multiple high-traffic sites, combined with my outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills, I am positioned to significantly benefit your team as your next web content manager. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in more detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
James J. Martin