Diagnosed and treated numerous conditions of small animals including acute injuries and diseases, initial diagnosis and maintenance of chronic conditions (endocrine, skin diseases, etc.), and preventative care, amongst other. Occasionally treated small mammal species.
- Performed laboratory and surgical procedures, including but not limited to, spay/neuters, mass removals, dental radiography and extractions, FNAs, allergy testing, BG curves, and various blood/urine/fecal tests.
- Frequently worked as the sole veterinarian on duty, often seeing up to 25-30+ patients per day. Contributed to a period of record productivity and financial growth of the hospital.
- Worked with and assisted visiting surgeon on orthopedic and advanced soft tissue surgery cases
- Educated clients about disease processes, expectations, animal safety, zoonoses, and home care. This helped promote the health and well-being of both owners and pets and development of trustworthy professional relationships.
- Ensured proper documentation of necessary activities.
- Maintained a leadership role and organized the hospital team to best work orderly and effectively.
- Educated team members in proper animal care, ethical, and veterinary medical protocols.