Veterinary Nurse Cover Letter
Veterinary Nurses provide health care to animals and are usually found in settings such as private practices, zoos, animal hospitals, government organizations, charities, and animal welfare organizations. Essential job duties of a Veterinary Nurse are collecting information from animal owners, taking samples for lab tests, taking X-rays, preparing animals for procedures, administering medication, advising pet owners on how to care for their animals, providing support during surgery, and maintaining records.
A successful Veterinary Nurse cover letter sample should mention the following skills and abilities:
- Being able to interact with animals in a confident manner
- Practical skills
- Stamina and physical strength
- Attention to details
- Being able to stay calm under pressure
- Customer service skills
- Effective communication
Below is displayed an example cover letter for Veterinary Nurse displaying similar job assets and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Veterinary Nurse Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Dr. Baird:
If you are looking for a highly skilled, reliable, and dedicated professional to join your practice as your next Veterinary Nurse, I respectfully request that you review the enclosed resume detailing my experience and credentials. With 9+ years of experience combined with my excellent communication and administrative abilities, I am sure to make an immediate and positive contribution in this role.
My background includes outstanding technical nursing experience with Wellness Veterinary Clinic in Seattle, ensuring a high standard of care to pets in both routine visits and emergency situations. From assessing animals’ conditions and monitoring vitals to collecting lab samples and cleaning wounds, my expertise has prepared to excel in this position. My additional strengths in team collaboration, organization, communication, and general administrative responsibilities position me to thrive in this role.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Delivering overarching clinical nursing support to animals facing acute injuries, diseases, and chronic conditions, as well as providing comprehensive preventative care.
- Assisting with a wide range of laboratory and surgical procedures, such as spay/neuters, mass removals, dental radiography and extractions, FNAs, BG curves, and blood/urine/fecal tests.
- Preparing animals for surgical procedures; testing CBC/blood chemistry, administering pre- and post-medications, sterilizing equipment, and ensuring optimal animal safety and wellbeing throughout procedures.
- Educating clients on preventative medicine, behavioral issues and training, and post-operative follow-up procedures.
- Communicating compassionately with pet owners, clearly explaining complex medical terms and conditions while educating them on proper treatments and follow-up plans.
- Working effectively with office and technician staff to ensure outstanding clinic efficiency and service levels.
- Earning an Associate’s degree in Veterinary Technology from Texas State University.
With my extensive skill set and proven experience, complemented by my dedication to ensuring the highest level of animal care, I am certain in my ability to quickly surpass your expectations for this position. I would appreciate the chance to discuss this opportunity in more detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Cassie M. Espinoza