Veterinary Receptionist Cover Letter
Veterinary Receptionists greet pets and their owners when entering a veterinary office and complete a variety of administrative tasks. Essential responsibilities of a Veterinary Receptionist include: taking phone calls, handling the correspondence, scheduling appointments, selling pet items, identifying emergencies, liaising between veterinarians and clients, keeping the reception area clean and organized, and answering to pet owner inquiries.
Employers select cover letter samples showcasing the following skills and experience:
- Front desk experience
- Love of animals
- Being able to distinguish between emergencies and regular office visits
- Organizational skills
- Customer service orientation
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy
- Good numeracy abilities
Similar Veterinary Receptionist skills can be observed in the cover letter example provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Veterinary Receptionist Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Allen:
Upon learning of your posting for a new Veterinary Receptionist for your clinic, I eagerly decided to submit my resume for your review. As a highly organized professional with comprehensive reception and general administrative support experience, along with exceptional interpersonal abilities and a strong love of animals, I am prepared to significantly contribute to your clinic’s goals and objectives.
My background includes providing overarching office support to maximize efficiency while welcoming patients and their owners. From managing multi-line phone systems and handling customer payments to scheduling appointments and providing outstanding customer service, I excel at prioritizing tasks, communicating with peers and veterinarians, and encouraging effective organizational procedures.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Performing diverse administrative responsibilities—including reception, correspondence, record maintenance, and supply management—while ensuring optimal office efficiency.
- Demonstrating a steadfast commitment to providing excellent support within customer-facing environments while streamlining operations and ensuring superior client experiences.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks while providing top-level organization and communication skills.
My skills in general reception position me to excel in this role, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to discuss the position further would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Rafaela E. Baker