Vet Tech Cover Letter
Vet Techs work in animal care facilities and provide support to veterinarians. Examples of Vet Tech duties include the following: evaluating animal condition, checking vital signs, cleaning wounds, collecting samples for tests, doing lab work, performing basic procedures such as cleaning teeth, administering medication, replenishing supplies, and sterilizing tools. This job requires the ability to restrain and control animals as well as the ability to communicate efficiently with veterinarians and pet owners.
A successful cover letter example for Vet Tech should highlight the following skills and abilities:
- Love of animals and the ability to provide care for them
- Concentration and stamina
- Attention to details and observational skills
- Physical fitness
- Customer service orientation
- Effective communication
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Good numeracy skills
- Computer competences
Those interested in a Vet Tech career can check relevant qualifications and experience in the sample cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Vet Tech Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Ms. Hennessey:
Upon review of your posting for a Vet Tech position, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. With experience in animal health care gained throughout my educational and professional background, I am confident I would be able to make a significant contribution to your clinic.
Having recently achieved my Associate’s Degree in Veterinary Technology from Biloxi College, I am eager to apply my acquired skills and knowledge towards this challenging position. With a solid foundation in a range of subjects including animal physiology, nutrition, and general care, my additional strengths in team collaboration, communication, and record keeping support position me to thrive in this field.
Highlights of my background include:
- Demonstrating a commitment to pursuing a career within the veterinary sector, evidenced by enthusiastic project participation and a strong academic record.
- Excelling in hands-on practicum roles at numerous veterinary clinics, helping veterinarians in checking vital signs, cleaning and wrapping wounds, administering various treatments, and sanitizing working areas.
- Serving as volunteer for more than 4 years with the Biloxi Animal Shelter, assisting with animal surgeries, nutrition, cleanliness, and care.
- Possessing superior time management, interpersonal, and organization skills as well as an on-going love of animals.
With my academic-based experience, coupled with my dedication to achieving success in this field, I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Ellen B. Pierson