Responsible for leading the geoscientific exploration effort in the Southwest Peninsula, Trinidad. One exploratory well was drilled in the project. The well found the objective Cruse sands to be oil-bearing but had to be abandoned because of mechanical problems.
The team used proprietary and traditional technologies in the interpretation of data. Proprietary technologies included in-house spectral decomposition techniques, geochemistry and electromagnetism.
- Jointly interpreted 2D seismic and geologic data from both onshore and offshore areas of Mozambique.
- Interpreted marine 2D seismic data in Seychelles. Delineated plays which were presented to management.
- Worked the Syr-Darya Basin in Kazakhstan with the intention of the company investing there. Plays developed but not pursued by the company.
- Interpreted and assessed several blocks in offshore Peru. Based on this work bids were proposed on two leased blocks.
- Interpreted the Karakalise Basin of Turkey using 2D seismic and well data.