Conducted research and development for customer projects. Performed FEM simulations and planned test procedures. Designed parts using Solidworks. Completed data analysis and compared with experiment data. Reported project progress at the weekly conference call with customer, utilizing feedback to refine tests. Delivered developed products to customers as scheduled. Successfully developed prototype of a magneto-elastic torque sensor that could be put into mass production. Converted raw conceptual technology into matured mass production technology. Awarded a series of patents for such innovative developments. Strong proven knowledge on magnetics, magnetic materials, magnetic devices, magnetic modeling, magnetic design and magnetic measurement. Accurate measurement skills. Extensive knowledge on optics, thermal physics, numerical analysis, and mechnical design. Expert on various sensors including magneto-elastic torque sensor, magneto-optical sensor, magnetic speed sensor, linear displacement sensor, and angular rotation sensor.
- Developed magnetic torque sensor for transmission converter drive plate, delivering prototype to Honda and successfully passed on-site dyno test.
- Developed magnetic torque sensor for input shaft and output shaft, delivered prototypes to Ford and successfully passed on-site vehicle test.
- Provided solution for degaussing magnetic hot spots in the torque converter for Ford input shaft project. Provided solution for shielding magnetic interference from magnetic clutch for Ford output shaft project.
- Developed magnetic hysteresis compensation method which can significantly reduce magnetic hysteresis error.
- Developed tri-band scheme which can reduce magnetic interference more than 80% of magnetic noise from electromagnets or motors located near to the torque sensor system without using expensive shielding materials or special electronics, which removes one step in production and allows to use a two point sensor which eliminated half of sensor coils led to reducing material costs, testing costs and labor costs.
- Tri-band scheme successfully implemented on Spyder (three wheeled motorcycle) steering torque sensor and current in mass production. Went on to apply it to various customer projects such as Ford, BMW, Hyundai, ARS, John Deere, and FEV.
- Received certificates in recognition of new technology developments from general manager.