Independent investigator, exploring emergent risks / health effects / mechanisms of ambient pollutants with a focus on particulate-driven toxicity. Specifically, evaluating potential mechanisms of vulnerability that underlie at-risk metabolic, obese, and cardiopulmonary diseased individuals via pattern recognition receptors namely Toll-like receptors, RAGE, etc.
- Expertise in exposure, generation, and characterization of aerosols using a variety of ambient toxicants (PM, cigarette smoke, etc.) via whole-body, intratracheal and nose-only techniques.
- Performed in-vitro exposures & bioassays in relevant pulmonary, vascular and immune cell models of primary and immortalized cell origin.
- Conducted routine assessment of histological and/or biomarker measures / data for indices of cardiopulmonary toxicity or immune activation in human, in-vivo, and in-vitro samples.
- Adept in principles and application of exposure / risk assessment.
- Proficient in complex laboratory techniques including but not limited to: Microarray and analysis using R / GeneSpring
- Experienced with preparation, submission and successful acceptance of manuscripts and grants for publication.
- Managed laboratory functions, projects, inventory, and training of incoming lab members.