District Sales Manager
Managed 6 account managers ensuring an increase in volume per outlet within existing accounts and the generation of new business within assigned territory base of 470 customers. Managed volume and gross profit for the distribution of bottle, can and fountain products for major entertainment/sporting event venues (i.e., MCI Center, Washington Convention Center) prestige hotel properties (i.e., Ritz Carlton, Wyndham, Omni, Westin, Hilton Embassy Hotels), universities (i.e., American University, Georgetown Law School), British Embassy, International Monetary Fund, medical centers (i.e., Walter Reed Hospital, Washington Hospital Center, Children's Hospital, Veterans Hospital, Providence Hospital, National Rehabilitation Hospital), white table cloth restaurants (i.e., Palm, Olives), quick service restaurants and retail accounts.
- Promoted to Key Account Management position for leading the sales team in exceeding profit and placement goals 100% in half the allotted time for achieving the goal by identifying equipment placements to maximize ROI and training staff on how to effectively identify and manage brand placement
- Increased sales 110% over quarterly target by developing and implementing successful promotional program for district
- Built and maintained strong customer relationships to generate contract renewals, promoted additional sales opportunities and resolved customer service issues within each account
- Ensured that contractual terms were met or exceeded
- Gross profit goal for 2000 was 10% over prior year results - achieved 19%
- Sales team consistently achieved monthly volume/gross profit and new account goals