Family Readiness Officer
Primary representative for command family readiness program outreach, support and assistance to the Battalion's 450 active duty and reserve military personnel and their families at the Lieutenant Colonel command level. Represent unit commander at internal and external meetings or forums to address and resolve family readiness issues.
- Provided general assistance to the unit's Family Readiness Officer (FRO) in planning and coordinating
- Coordinate and liaison with various outside agencies including Marine Corps Leagues, VETCenters, Navy Fleet and Family Services, and others military support organizations in support of Family Readiness.
- Develop, coordinate, and administer processes and procedures to successfully implement unit family
- Implement and maintain Marine Corp's communication tools, data bases, and electronic communication systems. Draft and deliver speeches and strategic communication messages, briefs and presentations as needed (from General Officer to family member level).
- Acquisitions and budget oversite monitoring and maintaining appropriated non-appropriated (APF/NAF), Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Program (YRRP) and Warrior Family Support / Global War on Terrorism (GWOT) fund allocations and execution for a Battalion comprised of 164 subordinate companies. Develop long range and short range cost estimates for program funding.
- Liaison responding to inquiries from budget and project officers on numerous large and small funding requests. Formulate lengthy and detailed funding requests for numerous events. Approving official for reimbursement of volunteer expenses. Procure supplies and services for Battalion's Family Readiness functions and activities using various government approved vendors. Prepare Purchase Request documents ensuring accuracy and compliance with government credit card and contract procedures and regulations.