Disaster Recovery Specialist, Business Continuity Resiliency Services
Deployed and supported communications networks for government and major corporations conducting and managing IT Business Recovery exercises and live disaster events at data centers and customer locations nationwide. Provided 24x7x365 Network, Infrastructure and Operating system support for Client, IBM Internal and Data Center Switched networks. Interfaced with end users, Project Managers, customers, vendors, carriers, Account Representatives, partners, developers and Senior Management.
- Ensured continuous operation and high customer satisfaction and supported proof of concept solutions by administering systems and executing total network, including building, testing and supporting enterprise private networks based on Visio diagrams.
- Transitioned from server to internet-based system as project manager for mobile call routing solution, eliminating need to meet with customers to review call routing and resulting in clients only needing to call one number for support.
- Trained new employees in mobile test setup and management, ensuring accuracy and consistency as marketing representatives showcased live test to external IBM prospect.
- Saved ~$100K by eliminating unnecessary telephone lines.
- Provided hardware infrastructure support for major customer's data center build-out and built Multi Router Traffic Grapher (MRTG) web server, allowing customers to remotely access and view switch port level bandwidth usage.
- Implemented F5 Firepass remote VPN utilizing RSA Secure-ID technology, delivering new service offering to customer, by researching and demonstrating to architects.
- Managed BCRS Sprint wireless telephone system upgrade project, driving smooth transition.
- Provided quarterly evidence for all network devices located at every data center, upholding corporate security compliance standards, by conducting security tests via Linux-based Tenable Nessus Vulnerability Scanner.