Evaluated semi-skilled and skilled welders certified to weld TIG, pulse arc, flux core, spray arc, and stick.
- Supervised and trained welders to improve quality and quantity of work performed to enhance skill and productivity via improved welding procedures. Led in development of new welding procedures.
- Consistently ensured that jobs were done with the best quality as well as being on budget and schedule, and jobs were safe for workers and that all workers were following safety rules (P.P.E., respirators, etc.).
- Worked mainly structure and outfitting on Navy contracts (DDG, LPD, LHD) and Coast Guard ships.
- Actively suggested clean operational improvements to enhance quality, production, and reduce cost.
- Managed a large group of employees at one time with an average amount of 30-40 craft employees.
- Demonstrated ability in planning work ahead to make sure people were put productively to work each day.