Prepared and evaluated microstructural characteristics of metallurgical samples, consisting mainly of carbon and stainless steels, cast iron, aluminum alloys, and some nickel and titanium alloys.
- Analyzed material chemistries using a LECO Glow Discharge Spectrometer, and also performed mechanical testing using Brinell, Rockwell, and Vickers hardness methods.
- Evaluated metallurgical samples using a Topcon Scanning Electron Microscope capable of energy-dispersive spectroscopy.
- Assisted senior metallurgist with failure analysis, as well as independently perform basic failures.
- Maintained and employed current ASTM revisions, quality manuals, standard procedure, and work instructions.
- Performed internal audits in addition to participating in A2LA and NADCAP audits.
- Communicated with customers in order to achieve testing goals and requirements.