Chief Metallurgical Engineer/assistant Mill Manager/air Quality Control Coordinator
Responsible for Analytical (process control) Laboratory. Acted as Mill Manager in his absence. Responsible for plant metallurgical efficiencies and metallurgical accounting. Handled air quality issues for the plant, including "Notices of Intent", public hearings, coordination with State Air Quality personnel and compliance testing.
- Improved plant uranium and vanadium recoveries by 4% and 20%, respectively.
- Implemented and performed isokinetic stack sampling.
- Managed successful environmental remediation of air quality emission (Re-carbonation Tower, etc.) problems.
- Identified state tax credit provision for pollution prevention modifications, researched and submitted application and received refund check of $212,000 for the company.
- Designed and directed construction and start-up of an ion exchange system for treating mine water discharge.
- Participated on Design Team for the "Bullfrog" uranium mill.