Victim Advocate/office Manager Full-time
This non-profit organization provides supportive services, counseling, finds victims and their families' shelter who have been in involved or threaten by sexual assault and domestic violence. Coordinates with local Law enforcement and other Domestic violence agencies.
- Provide comprehensive case management services: assessment, service plan development and implementation, goal setting, treatment planning, address survivor's basic needs (housing, safety planning, family needs, etc.), community orientation, information and referral.
- Provides emotional support and encouragement to victims and witnesses as the case moves through the criminal justice system, including providing support during court proceedings, if requested
- Consult with High Risk Team (HRT) about cases that are in imminent and life threating danger and make referrals to other agencies within the HRT.
- Provided a 24 hour on-call assistance program to the Oceanside Police Department for Domestic Violence.
- Schedule and attended meetings and appointments for victims, provide fundraising, performed Interviews for potential volunteers as well as training. Conduct community outreach and education about domestic violence.