Executive Paralegal/small Claims Mediator
In charge of all new client intakes, e-filing of cases in Municipal Court and Court of Common Pleas, collections, as well as all other clerical duties, including, but not limited to: daily maintenance of court schedule, satisfaction of cases, answering of phone calls, emails and any other forms of communication.
- Assisted Municipal Court on a regular basis in order to draft Judgments by Agreements for our clients in landlord/tenant matters, negotiate with city solicitors for Code Enforcement cases and negotiate with attorneys for Small Claims matters.
- Drafted memorandums of law, complaints and briefs for several civil cases in the Court of Common Pleas and Municipal Court.
- In charge of the small claims mediations department, acting as the negotiator/mediator for our defendant clients. Successfully settled over 100 cases through stipulation agreements or judgments by agreement.
- Assisted office manager in conducting employment interviews for vacant positions within the firm as well as training and supervising of new employees.
- Extensive and comprehensive knowledge of legal databases including, but not limited to: Lexis Nexis, Westlaw and Westlaw Next.