Assistant District Attorney, Special Proceedings Bureau
Initiated and conducted long term investigations of commercial theft, product counterfeiting and tax evasion. Investigated and researched factual basis of cases, conducted hearings and trials,
interpreted and applied laws for use in open cases and pending motions. Presented cases to
Grand Jury. Negotiated plea agreements with opposing council. Spoke on behalf of the Queens
District Attorney's Office at area public schools and community gatherings.
- Conducted criminal trials and Grand Jury Presentments in Queens Criminal and Supreme Courts.
- Conducted extensive legal research using independent judgment, discretion and initiative.
- Advised Detectives, independent investigators, government agencies, companies, victims and witnesses regarding criminal investigations and complaints.
- Evaluated and analyzed felonies for tax implications and owed restitution.
- Served in Criminal Court, Domestic Violence and Special Proceedings bureaus specializing in tax related crimes, domestic violence, assaults, gun possession and driving while intoxicated.
- Actively participated in unit, bureau, executive and inter-agency meetings.
- Drafted and executed sensitive and confidential documents.
- Managed a staff comprised of a Sergeant, 4 Detectives, 3 forensic accountants and a paralegal.
- Awarded 2012 Detective Investigator's Award